Re: Reducing NUMERIC size for 8.3

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Reducing NUMERIC size for 8.3
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> "Simon Riggs" <simon@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> > Since this is your idea, would you like to do this, or should I?
>
> Go for it.

OK

> I'm not actually convinced this is worth spending time on,
> as Greg Stark's 1-byte-varlena patch already saved more for typical
> numerics than this will.

Understood, thats why I left this till last. This will save even more on
top of those savings. My concern is to make this change now while we
can, since we will be aiming for 8.3->8.4 to be a binary upgrade.

--  Simon Riggs              EnterpriseDB   http://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: Reducing NUMERIC size for 8.3
Сообщение: Re: Reducing NUMERIC size for 8.3