Re: The word "virgin" used incorrectly and probably better off replaced

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: The word "virgin" used incorrectly and probably better off replaced
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> On 2019-Nov-08, Tom Lane wrote:
>> So the patch becomes s/virgin/pristine/g plus add a parenthetical
>> definition for the first use?  Works for me.

> Well, there are three uses of the word "virgin".  The first is for
> "virgin user", and the patch turns that into just "user".

Uh, no, read the next lines.  In both cases those are referring
to "virgin user database" or "virgin database", and this patch
is removing an important qualifier.  It needs to be s/virgin/pristine/
in all these places.

Since the third case is well separated from the other two, maybe
we need to repeat the parenthetical definition there too.