Re: Auto Vacuum question?

От Charles.Hou
Тема Re: Auto Vacuum question?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 6 4 ,   10 49 , alvhe...@commandprompt.com (Alvaro Herrera) wrote:
> Charles.Hou wrote:
> > i set the auto vacuum option to enable. but my database size(hard-
> > disk
> > space) still increased from 420MB to 440MB in 8 hours. most of the
> > operations in this database are the "Select" query command, just few
> > of "Update or Insert".
> > why it can be increased so strongly?
> > after i executed the command " vaccumdb -f -z testdb", but the size
> > just decreased 1 or 2MB...
> > what's the problem?
>
> It is normal that the tables grow a bit to a stationary state of dead
> space (generated by UPDATE and DELETE).  However it is not normal if it
> loses track of that dead space.  One thing you can and should do is
> adjust the autovacuum settings (for example lowering the vacuum scale
> factor and threshold values).  Another is to correctly set the FSM
> values.
>
> Have you done both?
>
> --
> Alvaro Herrera                                http://www.CommandPrompt.com/

it's my postgresql.conf

autovacuum = on                         # enable autovacuum
subprocess?
autovacuum_naptime = 20                 # time between autovacuum
runs, in secs
autovacuum_vacuum_threshold = 1         # min # of tuple updates
before
autovacuum_analyze_threshold = 1        # min # of tuple updates
before
autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor = 1      # fraction of rel size before
autovacuum_analyze_scale_factor = 1     # fraction of rel size before

#autovacuum_vacuum_cost_delay = -1      # default vacuum cost delay
for
#autovacuum_vacuum_cost_limit = -1      # default vacuum cost limit
for