Re: allow online change primary_conninfo

От Sergei Kornilov
Тема Re: allow online change primary_conninfo
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi

>>  I think we have no futher reason to have a copy of conninfo and slot name in WalRcvData, so i propose remove these
fieldsfrom pg_stat_get_wal_receiver() (and pg_stat_wal_receiver view). This data can be accesible now via regular GUC
commands.

> Is that wise? It seems possible that wal receivers run for a while with
> the old connection information, and without this information that seems
> hard to debug.
Hmm... I considered SIGHUP processing was in fast loop and therefore shutdown should be fast. But i recheck code and
founda possible long loop without processing SIGHUP (in case we receive new data faster than writes to disk). Ok, i
willrevert back.

How about write to WalRcvData only clobbered conninfo?

> Should probably note something like
>
> "This parameter can only be set in the <filename>postgresql.conf</filename>
> file or on the server command line."
Seems other PGC_SIGHUP settings have such note, fixed, thank you.

> I'd strongly advocate moving this to a separate function.
Done

regards, Sergei
Вложения

От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Updated backup APIs for non-exclusive backups
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Continue work on changes to recovery.conf API