Re: Where to find translation of Postgres error messages?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Where to find translation of Postgres error messages?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
=?iso-8859-2?Q?Egy=FCd_Csaba?= <csegyud@vnet.hu> writes:
> I looked into Postgres installation directories and found several .mo files
> under the locale directory. But I wasn't able to find the string "no
> password supplied" for example in neither of them.

I think we deliberately don't localize that one because it'd break
various application-level code that relies on being able to recognize
that string.  (Which is pretty yucky, of course, but until someone
gets around to implementing SQLSTATE error codes for libpq's internal
error reports, there's not a lot of choice.)