Re: recovering using a continuous archive backup doesn'twork on Windows

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: recovering using a continuous archive backup doesn'twork on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, 2007-03-29 at 18:18 +0300, Sabin Coanda wrote:

> The problem still persist, and I'm not able to fix it alone.
> Is anyone which is using WAL on Windows to tell me some tips to make it
> workable, or to confirm there is a problem, please ?

From your earlier problem description you seem to be attempting to run
two databases on one server. That requires a custom install, though even
if you did this it definitely would not provide you with any of the
outcomes you might want to create:

Are you trying to
a) run a backup with continuous archiving
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/continuous-archiving.html#BACKUP-ARCHIVING-WAL

b) run a restore from a continuous archive backup
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/continuous-archiving.html#BACKUP-PITR-RECOVERY

c) run a Warm Standby between two database servers
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/warm-standby.html

If you want to do (a) or (b) you've mistakenly read both parts of the
manual and if you want to do (c) then you need two servers, not just
one.

--
  Simon Riggs