Re: psql won't stayed connected

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: psql won't stayed connected
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Kevin Izzet" <Kevin.Izzet@nsc.com> writes:
> Thanks for the reply but forgive my ignorance but how do I setup the
> debugger breakpoint ?

Something like this:

    PGOPTIONS="-W 30" psql ...
    Use ps to determine PID of backend connected to psql
    gdb /path/to/postgres-executable PID-of-backend
    gdb> break proc_exit
    gdb> continue
    (wait for rest of timeout to expire)
    gdb will report reaching proc_exit breakpoint
    gdb> bt
    ... interesting result is here ...
    gdb> quit

If you've never done this before it will probably take you more than 30
seconds to get into gdb --- adjust the W option accordingly.