Re: Rule recompilation

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Rule recompilation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jan Wieck <JanWieck@yahoo.com> writes:
>     This isn't  local  recompilation  in  current  backend.  It's
>     recreation  of the pg_rewrite entry for a relation, including
>     propagation.

Where I'd like to go (see my previous mail) is that pg_rewrite,
pg_attrdef, and friends store *only* the source text of rules,
default expressions, etc.  No compiled trees at all in the database.
So there's no need to update the database entries, but there is a
need for something like a shared-cache-invalidation procedure to cause
backends to recompile things that depend on updated relations.