How long should it take to insert 200,000 records?

От Karen Hill
Тема How long should it take to insert 200,000 records?
Дата
Re: How long should it take to insert 200,000 records?  (Csaba Nagy <nagy@ecircle-ag.com>)
Re: How long should it take to insert 200,000 records?  (Scott Marlowe <smarlowe@g2switchworks.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
I have a pl/pgsql function that is inserting 200,000 records for
testing purposes.  What is the expected time frame for this operation
on a pc with 1/2 a gig of ram and a 7200 RPM disk?   The processor is
a 2ghz cpu.  So far I've been sitting here for about 2 million ms
waiting for it to complete, and I'm not sure how many inserts postgres
is doing per second.

regards,
karen