Re: Need of maintaining unsupported release notes in HEAD?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Need of maintaining unsupported release notes in HEAD?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andreas Karlsson <andreas@proxel.se> writes:
> On 11/21/18 2:51 AM, Haribabu Kommi wrote:> Attached patch removes all
> the older release notes sgml files from HEAD.
>> And also going forward, how about removing one major version file
>> whenever that is unsupported from HEAD?

> I have found these old notes useful multiple times in the past,
> especially when dealing with no longer supported versions of PostgreSQL
> or just to quickly check when some feature was first introduced. And
> removing them from the current master would make them a bit harder to
> navigate for a, in my opinion, tiny gain in reduced maintenance burden.

Yeah, "delete them altogether" seems to be a nonstarter.  There was some
discussion in the last thread about shoving the old release notes out to a
different document, or putting them on the website separately, and perhaps
that would fly.  But nobody's done the work to make it happen.