Re: Odd Timestamp Error WAS Re: Function Creation Error

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Odd Timestamp Error WAS Re: Function Creation Error
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Joshua Kramer <josh@globalherald.net> writes:
>> You seem to be confused about the difference between a literal constant
>> and an expression.  That should just be

> Thanks again, Tom.  I didn't notice that - I'll have to see if I can coax
> the software into using the expression instead of the string literal.  (It
> may be an ADODB thing - because the web app is running a parameterized
> query, it automatically inserts the quotation marks.  I'll need to
> determine how to get around that.)

Hm, you might have some difficulty there --- I wouldn't be surprised if
ADODB thinks it's protecting you from SQL-injection attacks.  You should
not expect that you can insert SQL expressions via parameter
substitution mechanisms.  You might find that computing the timestamps
on the client side is the path of least resistance...