Re: Stats collector frozen?

От Jeremy Haile
Тема Re: Stats collector frozen?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> AFAIR (Magnus can surely confirm) there were some other tables that
> weren't showing stats as all zeros -- but there's no way to know whether
> those numbers were put there before the collector had "frozen" (if
> that's really what's happening).

Yeah - I have numbers that updated before the stats collector started
freezing.  Do you know which version of PG this started with?  I have
upgraded 8.1.3, 8.1.4, 8.2, and 8.2.1 in the past months and I didn't
have the collector enabled until 8.2.1 - so I'm not sure how long this
has been a problem.

I might try rolling back to a previous version - it's either that or
setup a scheduled vacuum analyze until we figure out this problem.  I'm
having to manually run it every day now... =)  I think this is a pretty
critical problem since it cripples autovacuum on Windows.

Are you guys in a position to debug the collector process and see where
it is freezing (ala Tom's earlier comment)?  Anything I can do to help
debug this problem faster?