Re: ANALYZE'ing table hierarchies

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ANALYZE'ing table hierarchies
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
nunks <nunks.lol@gmail.com> writes:
> What eludes me is that part of the documentation says we should analyze
> each table individually, and another part says we can count on ANALYZE to
> work on the entire inheritance tree...

Whole-tree stats are a different thing from per-table stats.  What
ANALYZE on a parent table produces is (1) stats for that table alone
and (2) summary stats for the whole inheritance tree rooted at that table.
If you want (3) stats for a child table alone then you need to ANALYZE
that child table by name.

Сообщение: Re: ANALYZE'ing table hierarchies
Сообщение: Re: ANALYZE'ing table hierarchies