Re: OS X Tiger, and PostgreSQL 8.2 don't mix?

От Karen Hill
Тема Re: OS X Tiger, and PostgreSQL 8.2 don't mix?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Chris Mair wrote:
> > I have OS X tiger with all the updates:
> >
> > uname -r
> > 8.8.0
> >
> > Here is what I get when I try to initdb on a freshly compiled 8.2:
> >
> > selecting default max_connections ... 10
> > selecting default shared_buffers/max_fsm_pages ... 400kB/20000
> > creating configuration files ... ok
> > creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1 ... FATAL:
> > could not create shared memory segment: Cannot allocate memory
> > DETAIL:  Failed system call was shmget(key=2, size=1646592, 03600).
> > HINT:  This error usually means that PostgreSQL's request for a shared
> > memory segment exceeded available memory or swap space. To reduce the
> > request size (currently 1646592 bytes), reduce PostgreSQL's
> > shared_buffers parameter (currently 50) and/or its max_connections
> > parameter (currently 10).
> >         The PostgreSQL documentation contains more information about
> > shared memory configuration.
> > child process exited with exit code 1
> >

> Works for me :|
> (see initdb output below)...
>

> > I read the documentation
> > (http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/kernel-resources.html) and
> > added the appropriate items to /etc/sysctl.conf, and I rebooted for it
> > to take effect.
> >
> > cat /etc/sysctl.conf
> > kern.sysv.shmmax=4194304
> > kern.sysv.shmmin=1
> > kern.sysv.shmmni=32
> > kern.sysv.shmseg=8
> > kern.sysv.shmall=1024
>
> Can you check whether the settings worked? Do:
>
> ibook:~ chris$ sysctl -a | grep shm
> kern.sysv.shmmax: 4194304
> kern.sysv.shmmin: 1
> kern.sysv.shmmni: 32
> kern.sysv.shmseg: 8
> kern.sysv.shmall: 1024
>
> Bye,
> Chris.

Here is what I get:
sysctl -a | grep shm
kern.sysv.shmmax: 4194304
kern.sysv.shmmin: 1
kern.sysv.shmmni: 32
kern.sysv.shmseg: 8
kern.sysv.shmall: 1024

This is very strange as I just updated OS X with the latest updates and
then compiled and installed 8.2.  I have used OS X Tiger and postgresql
8.1 compiled from source with no problem.

Сообщение: Re: OS X Tiger, and PostgreSQL 8.2 don't mix?
Сообщение: Re: OS X Tiger, and PostgreSQL 8.2 don't mix?