Re: which ODBC to install

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: which ODBC to install
Список pgsql-admin
On Sat, 2006-12-09 at 13:15 -0800, Philippe Salama wrote:
> Thanks Joshua, but that link is about as clear as mud to a beginner
> like me. And another post explains that the ODBC was already installed
> along with postgresql. All I want to do is connect with MS Access.

O.k. your question is a little broad. If you want to connect with MS
Access, you need to configure a DSN within Windows that uses a
PostgreSQL ODBC driver. Once your DSN is configured, you should be able
to connect to PostgreSQL.

That is of course assuming that you have configured PostgreSQL to allow
connections, but one step at a time. Here are some docs to help you on
the Windows side.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/idshelp/v10/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.odbc.doc/odbcmst71.htm

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake