Re: PostgreSQL win32 fragmentation issue

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: PostgreSQL win32 fragmentation issue
Список pgsql-hackers
> Or more specifically do you have any idea what it means in terms of
> performance?  And why do you say that you *have to* defrag under
> windows, isn't this only a performance issue and not necessarily a huge
> one at that?  Also, as a solution, I would think that CLUSTER might help.

Yes it is a performance issue. And all performance issues if they can
not be resolved within the database or application, eventually become an
outage.

A CLUSTER may, but that puts us back to an outage. A CLUSTER is an
exclusive lock. Usually for long periods of time.

Joshua D. Drake

> Matt

> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997            http://www.commandprompt.com/

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL win32 fragmentation issue
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL win32 fragmentation issue