Re: Integrating Replication into Core

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Integrating Replication into Core
Список pgsql-hackers
> > I originally responded to the rest of your email but thought better of
> > it. The only thing I can say is, my experience is that something like
> > replication will only be productively completed, outside the community.
>
> This is like nVidia saying that "open source developers are not
> competent enough to understand the coding of a graphics card driver".

I believe you misunderstood me. I am not saying that replication can not
be built in an Open Source manner. Slony is a perfect example of that. I
am saying that involving the larger, general PostgreSQL community in
such a task would be counter-productive.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997            http://www.commandprompt.com/