Re: [GENERAL] Allowing SYSDATE to Work

От Matt Miller
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Allowing SYSDATE to Work
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] Allowing SYSDATE to Work
Список pgsql-hackers
> > Why should we add this Oraclism to PostgreSQL? I doesn't add any new
> > feature.
>
> Certainly, this feature falls well within the class of completely
> gratuitous proprietary extensions that we typically reject.

I now agree completely.  My purpose is to migrate Oracle databases to
Posgres, and I had thought that Oracle didn't support CURRENT_DATE,
CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, and so on.  However, I've just learned otherwise. So,
I think the proper migration process for a production database would be
to first change the Oracle DB to use CURRENT_DATE (or some other
standard psuedo column), since that will work properly under both Oracle
and Postgres.

Сообщение: Re: Proposal: syntax of operation with tsearch'sconfiguration
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: syntax of operation with tsearch's configur