Giving up multiple postmaster + RPM issue

От Devrim GUNDUZ
Тема Giving up multiple postmaster + RPM issue
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

As some of you already know, I have been working on multiple postmaster
+ RPM issue for some time. We are approaching 8.2.0, and I still could
not complete this.

Also, I'm having problems with my eyes which prevents me working (for
long hours) (Vision Fatigue); so I want to give up this issue at least
for now.

I will create a new branch for this; and use the old spec file format
for 8.2.

Here is the spec file that I plan to use for 8.2:

http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/pgsqlrpms/specs/8.2/postgresql-8.2.spec?rev=1.8&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

Revisions greater then 1.8 are prototypes for multiple postmaster issue,
so should not be used for 8.2 final.

I *hope* to release 8.2 SRPM next week so that people will test it.

Regards,