Re: Database size

От Mike Goldner
Тема Re: Database size
Список pgsql-admin
Nikola,

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking.

The size of the database is usually determined by the amount of data
stored and not determined beforehand.

Are you refering of "tablespaces", as other DBMSs use them?  If so,
Postgres has a tablespace command, but it simply points to a filesystem
location.  There is no "size" specified.

The size of the database is simply limited by the available filesystem
capacity (I suppose there may be some restrictions at the high-end).

Mike

On Mon, 2006-11-06 at 14:48 -0600, Nikola Radakovic wrote:
> Dear community,
>
> I would be very grateful if someone could answer me,
> where to find instructions how to set the size ( in megabytes ) for
> particular database.
>

> best regards,
> N.Radakovic

Mike Goldner