Re: [DOCS] Replication documentation addition

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: [DOCS] Replication documentation addition
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2006-10-24 at 00:20 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Here is a new replication documentation section I want to add for 8.2:
>
>     ftp://momjian.us/pub/postgresql/mypatches/replication
>
> Comments welcomed.

It's a very good start to a complete minefield of competing solutions.

My first thought would be to differentiate between clustering and
replication, which will bring out many differences.

My second thought would be to differentiate between load balancing,
multi-threading, parallel query, high availability and recoverability,
which would probably sort out the true differences in the above mix. But
that wouldn't help most people and almost everybody would find fault.

IMHO most people I've spoken to take "replication" to mean an HA
solution, so perhaps we should cover it in those terms.

--
  Simon Riggs

Сообщение: Re: [DOCS] Replication documentation addition
Сообщение: Re: [DOCS] Replication documentation addition