Re: [pgsql-hackers] Daily digest v1.6352 (22 messages)

От Marc Munro
Тема Re: [pgsql-hackers] Daily digest v1.6352 (22 messages)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2006-10-02 at 12:02 -0300, Shaunak Godbole wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are trying to introduce access control. For this we have to rewrite
> the
> input query by replacing each relation by its corresponding authorized
> view.

I assume from this that you are trying to implement something like
Oracle's Virtual Private Database.

If you need access controls at the row or column level, and do not want
to implement this whole thing yourself, please take a look at Veil
(http://veil.projects.postgresql.org/) which can already accomplish the
same sort of thing, though in a different way.

If Veil is insufficient for your needs in some way, I'd be interested to
hear about it.

__
Marc