Re: [HACKERS] Happy column dropping

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Happy column dropping
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> New file name will not be just oid.  Too hard to administer.

But if it contains the table name, you still have the problem we'd
like to avoid: renaming the file(s) is a critical part of committing
a table-renaming transaction.

The debugging and administrative convenience of using table names as
filenames is exactly why we've resisted this for so long.  But I am
starting to think that we have to give that up.  It's nice, but
having robust DDL commands is nicer.