Re: vacuumdb exclude tables option?

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: vacuumdb exclude tables option?
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, 2006-08-10 at 09:44, Joel Stevenson wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.  I'm still playing around a bit with my
> autovacuum settings and the manual vaccum runs I'm making are part of
> an effort to better understand the just what sort of settings I need
> - I'm running vacuumdb with verbose output, etc.
>
> Since I know that these archive tables are append only tables I was
> just hoping there was a way to skip them more easily and it seemed
> like it might be something that was not unique to my situation.

Something you can look at doing it running autovacuum with different
settings depending on the time of day.  That way, with more aggresive
settings it will trigger on those less used tables during off hours and
during the day (hopefully) leave them alone all the time.

Note that autovacuum also runs analyzes on your tables as needed as
well, so even if those archive tables don't need vacuuming, they might
well need analyzing.  You can adjust the settings for those things
separately, btw.