Just checking...

От Enzo Daddario
Тема Just checking...
Список pgsql-admin
Hi All,

This morning our DB server (running postgres 8.1.4) went down
unexpectedly during a pg_dump(definitely not saying that this was the
cause)  and the server required a hard reboot (unfortunately I was left
with no other choice)...

When I restarted, everything seemed to be OK, however I noticed a couple
of messages in the postgres logs that I am unsure of. The log is as
follows:

<snip>
ERROR: relation pg_toast_17183 does not exist

LOG:  database system was interrupted at 2006-07-07 04:38:11 WST
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 41/35458E18
LOG:  redo record is at 41/35458E18; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown
FALSE
LOG:  next transaction ID: 312814968; next OID: 141469
LOG:  next MultiXactId: 34508; next MultiXactOffset: 71080
LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in
progress
LOG:  redo starts at 41/35458E5C
LOG:  record with zero length at 41/355743DC
LOG:  redo done at 41/355743B4
LOG:  could not truncate directory "pg_multixact/members": apparent
wraparound
LOG:  database system is ready
LOG:  transaction ID wrap limit is 1374623292, limited by database
"piearchive"

</snip>

I am particularly concerned with a couple of lines:

LOG:  could not truncate directory "pg_multixact/members": apparent
wraparound

ERROR: relation pg_toast_17183 does not exist

Should I be concerned about either of the above messages, and if so,
what should I do???

On another note, as part of regular VACUUMING should I also be doing the
template0, template1 & postgres databases???

Thanks in advance...

Enzo...