Re: How to provide db access to other systems

От Keith C. Perry
Тема Re: How to provide db access to other systems
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Quoting "VivekanandaSwamy R." <VivekanandaSwamyr@infics.com>:

> Hi,
> We are using J2EE with PostgresSQL 8.1.0. OS : Wind
> In my system,i am having Postgre database.Now i want to provide database
> access to the front-end programmers.
> How can i do that?
> Please give me and explain the path...because we dont have any DBA..
> Im the new one for PostgreSQL
> Thanks  &  Regards
>
> Vivekananda.R | Software Engineer

> Infinite Computer Solutions | Exciting Times...Infinite Possibilities...
>

> SEI-CMMI level 5 | ISO 9001:2000
>
>  Tel +91-80-5193-0000| Fax  +91-80-51930009 | Cell No
> +91-9986463365|www.infics.com

Greetings,

You can allow your developers to use pgadmin by setting up the appropriate
users and groups (roles) in Postgres.  Also as a matter of security, you should
only allow encrypted connections.  You will need to generate a certificate
for the server and use the "hostssl" type with an "md5" password method (that
allows encrypted passwords to be used for your users) in the pg_hba.conf file.

--
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Director of Networks & Applications