Re: A quick question on CONTRIB package

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: A quick question on CONTRIB package
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 2006-05-31 at 12:57, Ramakrishna Reddy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your vauable suggestions.
>
> We have very huge databases in many installations and infact have plans for upgrading to latest releases. But as we
arenot very sure about the stability of post 7.2.1 versions, refrained from doing that. Could you please suggest me
whichversion is the best in terms of stability, performance and minimal bugs. We want to upgrade this on both our
Windowsas well as Linux environments.

Both 8.0.8 and 8.1.4 are light years ahead of 7.2.1 in terms of both
stability and performance.

Both 8.0.8 and 8.1.4 are quite stable.  My recommendation would be for
an upgrade would be to go to 8.1.4 on Linux.

You might need to use iconv (a linux tool) to fix any encoding issues
that have snuck into your data while using 7.2.1

От: Chris Browne
Сообщение: Re: SCSI disk: still the way to go?
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: PGSQL 7.4 -> 8.1 migration & performance problem