Re: Restore of pg_dump taking a long time...

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Restore of pg_dump taking a long time...
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, 2006-05-24 at 13:56, mcelroy, tim wrote:
> I have found that the following steps have increased the speed of my
> restores:
> 1. dropdb <DBNAME>
> 2. createdb <DBANME>
> 3. Increase maintenance_work_mem as Tom mentioned.  I do this at
> restore/runtime
> 4. Increase work_mem as Tom mentioned.  I do this at restore/runtime
> 5. renice -20 -p <pid #> (on a Linux box)  <= This step can be
> performed while the restore is running but you need root privilege

Note that if there's no other data in the database that you need to
worry about, you can also restore with fsync off.  I.e. if a database
cluster could just be re-inited should a power failure occur.

If you've got already important data you can't afford to lose in the
cluster, then do not turn off fsync.

Also, remember to turn it back on before you go into production.

Сообщение: Re: Restore of pg_dump taking a long time...
Сообщение: Re: Restore of pg_dump taking a long time...