Re: Is it me, or the list?

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Is it me, or the list?
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2006-05-16 at 15:04, Kenneth Downs wrote:
> I participate regularly on three mailing lists, including
> pgsql-general.  I use thunderbird for mail.
>
> pgsql-general has the peculiar property, when I hit reply, of replying
> not to the list, but the individual who emailed to the list.
>
> Is this me, or is this the list?

It's a FAQ, but I'm not sure there's an actual FAQ entry on it.
Probably should be.

It's the standard way most development lists work.  The reason why is
that direct mail always takes the shortest route.  So, this email I'm
replying to will go to the list (then to you, cause you're a member) as
well as straight to you.

That way, if you're on digest delivery (once a day) or the mail list
server shorts out for a few hours or whatnot, you still get your answer.

I believe you can change those settings, but I don't know how.