Re: does wal archiving block the current client connection?

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: does wal archiving block the current client connection?
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, 2006-05-15 at 16:29, Jeff Frost wrote:
> On Mon, 15 May 2006, Simon Riggs wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 2006-05-15 at 09:28 -0700, Jeff Frost wrote:
> >> I've run into a problem with a PITR setup at a client.  The problem is that
> >> whenever the CIFS NAS device that we're mounting at /mnt/pgbackup has
> >> problems
> >
> > What kind of problems?
>
> It becomes unwritable for whatever reason CIFS shares become unwritable.  It's
> a windows 2003 NAS device and a reboot solves the problem, but it leaves no
> event logs on the windows side of things, so difficult to determine the root
> cause.

I don't think you need logs to figure out that the problem is that it's
a Windows based NAS device.  :)

Seriously, we had BSD based NAS devices one place I worked, and the
company making them switched to Win2k3 and after we had one or two do
exactly what you're talking about, we just started building our own
based on RedHat or BSD.  Same hardware (we just formatted the drives on
one of the ones that came with w2k3) and we never had another moment's
problem with them.

In other news... Does the archiver actually connect to the database?

Сообщение: Re: does wal archiving block the current client connection?
Сообщение: Re: does wal archiving block the current client connection?