Re: bad dump

От tony
Тема Re: bad dump
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Le mardi 02 mai 2006 à 09:26 -0400, John DeSoi a écrit :

> > Still fighting with my database dump from 8.1.1 here.
> >
> > I can not use this dump to rebuild the database in 7.3.4 (RHEL 3) or
> > 8.0.1 (mac OS X)
> >
> > I am convinced that the dump has issues... looked in the doc and don't
> > seem to be missing anything. I have been dumping and rebuilding for
> > the
> > last 6 years (pg version 7).
>
> I would have concerns about going from a newer version to an older
> version (the other way around is less problematic). But you gave no
> clues about specific errors or the format of the dump you are trying
> to load.

I tried inserts and got errors - the tables were not all rebuilt. Most
of the tables were rebuilt and data was inserted just fine but three
core tables are missing.

Reading through the dump file there are no clues to what is different in
these three (ownership, rights etc.). There are no blobs or complicated
procedures or anything else in the database, very basic, not too big (17
Mb dump file un compacted)...

So back to the good old fashioned way - export data as text, create
database and tables and copy back in from text file.

What really puzzles me is the partial restore. If it is broke it should
be broke everywhere...

Tony