Re: Slony1 or DRBD for replication ?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Slony1 or DRBD for replication ?
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, 2006-04-14 at 14:56 +0200, Pierre LEBRECH wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to replicate my PostgreSQL database at an other location. The
> distance between the two locations should be around 10 miles. The link
> should be a fast ethernet dedicated link.
>
> What would you suggest me to do? DRBD or slony1 for PostgreSQL replication?

It depends on your needs.

If you want to be able to use the slave postgresql instance (reporting,
non replicated name spaces, materialized views etc...) Slony or Mammoth
Replicator.

If you want to also replicate users/groups, grant and revoke, Mammoth
Replicator.

If you just want a hot backup... DRBD.

Joshua D. Drake

> Thank you.

>        match

                     http://www.commandprompt.com/

Сообщение: Re: Slony1 or DRBD for replication ?
Сообщение: Re: Slony1 or DRBD for replication ?