Re: Running Command Line From Trigger?

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Running Command Line From Trigger?
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 10:42, Yudie Pg wrote:

> I'm running postgresql 7.4.1. is it can't really be used for trigger
> function?
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/plperl-missing.html

Two points:

1:  Upgrade to 7.4.12 (or whatever the latest version is) immediately.
There are known data loss bugs in 7.4.1, and usually, the closer you are
to 7.4.0, the more likely those kinds of bugs are to show up.  I.e. a
data loss bug discovered in 7.4.11 and fixed in 7.4.12 is probably
REALLY rare, but one found in 7.4.0 and fixed in 7.4.2 is much more
likely to be a common occurrence, since those are  found early on.

2:  Try using plphp.  It can be used for triggers.  So can pltcl if
you'd rather use that.

Сообщение: Re: Running Command Line From Trigger?
Сообщение: Re: Running Command Line From Trigger?