Re: PostgreSQL support on Redhat Advance Server 2.1

От Tony Caduto
Тема Re: PostgreSQL support on Redhat Advance Server 2.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> You wrote "Unfortunately Red Hat's backwards-compatibility policy
> forbids dropping
> new major PG releases into old RHEL branches". So that means I cannot
> upgrade to Postgresql 8.x on a RedHat9 server? Currently I am using
> Postgresql 7.3 but was planning on upgrading before I put the database
> into production.

Hi Margaret,
Tom means that Redhat won't provide a update for Postgresql, that does
not mean you can't install it yourself.

I run RedHat EL 4.3(Postgresql is at 7.4.x on EL 4.3) at work and I run
8.1 on it, I just installed it myself.

Later,

Tony Caduto
AM Software Design
http://www.amsoftwaredesign.com
Home of PG Lightning Admin
Your best bet for Postgresql Administration