Re: PostgreSQL support on Redhat Advance Server 2.1

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: PostgreSQL support on Redhat Advance Server 2.1
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 11:38, MargaretGillon@chromalloy.com wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> You wrote "Unfortunately Red Hat's backwards-compatibility policy
> forbids dropping
> new major PG releases into old RHEL branches". So that means I cannot
> upgrade to Postgresql 8.x on a RedHat9 server? Currently I am using
> Postgresql 7.3 but was planning on upgrading before I put the database
> into production.

No, YOU can upgrade.  But RedHat won't be releasing RPMs for the
process.  And it might be that getting postgresql to compile from source
to do this might not work either.

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL support on Redhat Advance Server 2.1
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL support on Redhat Advance Server 2.1