Re: Problems with upgrading 7.1.3 -> 7.2

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Problems with upgrading 7.1.3 -> 7.2
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Chris Ruprecht <chrup999@yahoo.com> writes:
> I then went ahead to create the indexes and this is where the fun begins:
> psql:/tmp/phones.schema.2:136: ERROR:  tuplesort: unexpected end of data

Is it possible you were running out of disk space here?  I would not
have expected that particular error message as a result, but it seems
like a plausible theory otherwise.

There really is not enough detail in your report to allow any other
constructive comments.  You haven't told us what went wrong with
pg_restore, nor exactly what the "file is too large" error message
was (nor what command caused it), nor the commands that produced any
of the errors other than the one above.  A backtrace from the apparent
backend coredump at line 168 would be useful too.

I would like to dig into this to find and fix the underlying problems,
but there's not a darn thing I can do given this amount of detail.