Re: Solaris initdb fails: shmmax tweak alternative?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Solaris initdb fails: shmmax tweak alternative?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg@turnstep.com> writes:
> Having to recompile initdb.c is probably not an option.

initdb is just a shell script in existing releases.

> Sybase and Oracle both installed properly without having to change shmmax.

My bet is that they ate all available shmem, leaving none for Postgres...
have you checked ipcs(1) to see what's already allocated?

Сообщение: Re: Socket communication for contrib
Сообщение: Re: Socket communication for contrib