java.net.URLEncoder.encode

От tony
Тема java.net.URLEncoder.encode
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi

Since migrating my application to up to date versions I have run into a
new accent related problem. java.net.URLEncoder.encode is nuking French
accents in URL strings. I am using an sqlEncode script for escaping
accents in  JDBC queries to the database. It works just fine but moving
through record sets does not - the query variable that is passed to the
as follows:

// add the Form variables to the MM_keepForm string
if (request.getParameterNames().hasMoreElements()) {
  java.util.Enumeration items = request.getParameterNames();
  while (items.hasMoreElements()) {
    String nextItem = (String)items.nextElement();
    boolean found = false;
    for (int i=0; !found && i < MM_removeList.length; i++) {
      if (MM_removeList[i].equals(nextItem)) found = true;
    }
    if (!found && MM_keepURL.indexOf('&' + nextItem + '=') == -1) {
      MM_keepForm = MM_keepForm + '&' + nextItem + '=' +
java.net.URLEncoder.encode(request.getParameter(nextItem));
    }
  }
}

If I convert my database to UTF-8 will this problem go away? It is
currently still LATIN1

Cheers

Tony
--