Re: psql: could not connect to server: Network is

От markos
Тема Re: psql: could not connect to server: Network is
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
First of all, thanks for the swift replies.

The whole error message is actually this :

psql -h localhost -U markulis

psql: could not connect to server: Network is unreachable
        Is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting
        TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

the result of :
ps -aef | grep postmaster

is

postgres  8702     1  0 19:08 pts/1
00:00:00 /usr/lib/postgresql/8.0/bin/postmaster
-D /var/lib/postgresql/8.0/main -c
unix_socket_directory=/var/run/postgresql -c
config_file=/etc/postgresql/8.0/main/postgresql.conf -c
hba_file=/etc/postgresql/8.0/main/pg_hba.conf -c
ident_file=/etc/postgresql/8.0/main/pg_ident.conf
root      8811  8560  0 19:17 pts/1    00:00:00 grep postmaster

what I realized from this is that postmaster uses diferrent .conf files
than what I thought. Yet, I changed them too and nothing happened.
(The postgresql.conf on this directory had
listen_addresses = 'localhost'
commented out, but the default is localhost anyway)

the result of :
netstat -na | grep ':5432'

is nothing

I suppose that this suggests postmaster is not listening to port 5432.
But both postgresql.conf that I have on my system have the line
port = 5432