Re: I want to know how to improve the security of postgresql

От Marc Munro
Тема Re: I want to know how to improve the security of postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Karsten,
The project homepage has a reference to the project documentation.  It
can be found here:
http://veil.projects.postgresql.org/curdocs/index.html

If this does not contain what you are looking for, please explain what
you need to know as I'd like to improve the documentation.

I'm guessing that you'd like a conceptual overview.  I intended this to
be provided in the section Overview: a quick introduction to Veil buit
maybe it falls short.  If there is a better way to introduce the
concepts, I'd like to hear any ideas.

Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions at all.  I'd
be pleased to help GNUmed.

__
Marc

On Sat, 2005-12-31 at 16:49 -0400, pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org
wrote:
> Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 17:18:19 +0100
> From: Karsten Hilbert <Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net>
> To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
> Subject: Re: I want to know how to improve the security of postgresql
>
> On Thu, Dec 29, 2005 at 09:22:09AM -0800, Marc Munro wrote:
>
> > http://pgfoundry.org/projects/veil/
> Marc, is there a higher level written summary available
> somewhere to be read to understand conceptually how you
> implemented row level security ?
>
> We will (in GNUmed) eventually have to implement row level
> security. The current thinking is by restricting access to
> the tables and setting up views that always do "... where
> user=current_user" to limit the viewable data set.
>
> Karsten
> --
> GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
> E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346

Вложения