Re: Visual FoxPro 9 ODBC errors

От Alejandro D. Burne
Тема Re: Visual FoxPro 9 ODBC errors
Дата
Список pgsql-general

2006/1/3, MargaretGillon@chromalloy.com <MargaretGillon@chromalloy.com>:

>"Alejandro D. Burne" <alejandro.dburne@gmail.com> wrote on 01/01/2006 04:37:10 PM:

> I am writing an application in Visual Foxpro 9  (running on Windows
> 2000) but I get errors when VFP9 tries to write data to my
> Postgresql server (Linux Redhat 9). I know the syntax on the insert
> statement is good because I can run the statement in pgAdmin and the
> row is created without problems. I searched the mailing lists and I
> see messages about errors with VFP9 but I can't read them, I believe
> they're in Spanish.
>
> I know there are Visual FoxPro developers on this list. Is anyone
> else having problems with 9? If there are problems with VFP9 are the
> problems in VFP8 as well? I am trying to build this application in
> the most current version of VFP possible but it must be compatible
> with Postgresql.
>
> Please reply to me as well as the list, I get the digest version.
>
> Thank you,

> Hi, I'm a vfp (6.0) developer, what's wrong with vfp and postgres?
> What kind of connection sqldirect / sqlpasstrough?
> ODBC Version?
>
> Alejandro

I am using Postgresql ODBC driver version 8.00.01.02
Connection is with SQLCONNECT command, then SQLEXEC statements. I was able to use this ODBC driver with Visual Foxpro 7 with no problems. That is why I am wondering if something changed with version 9, and if the change was between 7 and 8 or between 8 and 9.

Margaret Gillon, IS Dept., Chromalloy Los Angeles, ext. 297

Ok, I can't test vfp 9 right now; but you can't connect? or you can't query?
With "? message()" after sqlexec you can see message error. Tell us more.

Alejandro