Emergency - Need assistance

От warren little
Тема Emergency - Need assistance
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I received the following error message when trying to copy a table from
one database to another on the same cluster:

pg_dump: The command was: FETCH 100 FROM _pg_dump_cursor
pg_restore: [custom archiver] could not read data block -- expected 1,
got 0
pg_restore: *** aborted because of error

The table contains a bytea column which houses pdf documents.
Is this a sign of corrupted data and if so would setting
"zero_damaged_pages = true" allow the copy to proceed?

The table is about 25GB in size and takes a long time to dump/restore
and I'm running out of time to get the cluster back into production.

note running:
PostgreSQL 8.1beta4 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc
(GCC) 3.4.4 20050721 (Red Hat 3.4.4-2)"

--
Warren Little
CTO