Re: upgrading a three year old server

От tony
Тема Re: upgrading a three year old server
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Le lundi 19 décembre 2005 à 12:51 +0100, Dick Visser a écrit :

> FYI, this solution worked for me, and I am pretty sure the reason why it
> worked it that our websites were 'UTF8-proof' from the beginning.

OK I have found that the client has inserted some rogue characters...

I also remember I was obliged to do some voodoo magic on catalina to get it to serve
the right charset. I haven't touched this system since January 2002 so it is kind of
hard to remember the tricks I used with encoding between PostgreSQL, JDBC and Tomcat.

Cheers

Tony
--
Tony Grant