Re: upgrading a three year old server

От tony
Тема Re: upgrading a three year old server
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Le lundi 19 décembre 2005 à 09:20 +0100, Hannes Dorbath a écrit :
> On 18.12.2005 18:49, tony wrote:
> > createdb xxx -E LATIN1 <- old version had this encoding (intranet server
> > dates from 2000 upgrade to 7.2 done in 2002)
> > psql -d xxxx -U postgres -f xxxx.out.1 <- this being my daily dump
>
> Hm, there have been no error messages from psql during the import?

OK I have run a vacuum on the database and that fixed the invisible
tuples.

> > The data is there (read using nedit on the dump file) but not being read by either of the interfaces I usually use
forbasic data control.

> You mean the data is in the dump file, but the restore failed?

Restore succeeded but there were error messages about encoding (see
below).

> > And my JSP webapp is choking on the French accents.
>
> Are you sure about the LATIN1 encoding of your old dump? :)

Two apps out of three work OK now that I have vacuumed. The third one
has encoding problems.

Can I change the encoding to UTF-8 easily?

Thanks

Tony

--
Tony Grant
www.tgds.net - vente d'ordinateurs mini-itx en ligne

Сообщение: Re: upgrading a three year old server
Сообщение: Re: upgrading a three year old server