Re: separate WAL

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: separate WAL
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 10:08, jose fuenmayor wrote:
> How can I install pg_xlog (WAL) in another partition, i mean separate
> the data directory from WAL, i have a single scsi disk with four
> partitions
> /, /boot, /data(data for postgresql), /WAL(pg_xlog), i ve heard that
> by doing this occurs a boost in postgreSQL performance, thanks in
> advance anyone that helps me.

The basic process is this:

initdb your database (I assume you've already done that.)
shut down the database
as the pg user, cd to $PGDATA
cp -Rfp pg_xlog /some/other/vol/pg_xlog/
mv pg_xlog pg_xlog_old
ln -s /some/other/vol/pg_xlog pg_xlog
restart database.

Note that you want the other directory set to the proper permissions
(0700) and ownership (your pg user).