Re: [PERFORM] Help speeding up delete

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: [PERFORM] Help speeding up delete
Re: [PERFORM] Help speeding up delete  (Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au>)
Список pgsql-www
> Steve Wampler <swampler@noao.edu> writes:
> > We've got an older system in production (PG 7.2.4).

> Update to 7.4 or later ;-)
>
> Quite seriously, if you're still using 7.2.4 for production purposes
> you could justifiably be accused of negligence.  There are three or four
> data-loss-grade bugs fixed in the later 7.2.x releases, not to mention
> security holes; and that was before we abandoned support for 7.2.
> You *really* need to be thinking about an update.

Perhaps we should put a link on the home page underneath LATEST RELEASEs
saying
    7.2: de-supported

with a link to a scary note along the lines of the above.

ISTM that there are still too many people on older releases.

We probably need an explanation of why we support so many releases (in
comparison to licenced software) and a note that this does not imply the
latest releases are not yet production (in comparison to MySQL or Sybase
who have been in beta for a very long time).

Best Regards, Simon Riggs

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: