Moving pg_xlog problem

От Joost Kraaijeveld
Тема Moving pg_xlog problem
Дата
Re: Moving pg_xlog problem  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

I am trying to move the pg_xlog directory to another disk by using a
symbolic link. But I keep getting the following error message:

Panoramix:/var/lib/postgresql/8.0/main# /etc/init.d/postgresql-8.0 start
Starting PostgreSQL 8.0 database server: main(FAILED)

The PostgreSQL server failed to start. Please check the log output:
LOG:  could not load root certificate file
"/var/lib/postgresql/8.0/main/root.crt": No SSL error reported
DETAIL:  Will not verify client certificates.
LOG:  database system was shut down at 2005-11-08 08:01:12 CET
PANIC:  could not open file
"/var/lib/postgresql/8.0/main/pg_xlog/00000001.history": Permission
denied
LOG:  startup process (PID 14242) was terminated by signal 6
LOG:  aborting startup due to startup process failure

I followed this procedure:

As root:
 /etc/init.d/postgresql-8.0 stop

As postgres
 cd /var/lib/postgres/8.0/main
 mv pg_xlog/ pg_xlog_orig
 mkdir /opt/postgres/logs/wal
 ln -s /opt/postgres/logs/wal pg_xlog
 cp -r pg_xlog_orig/ pg_xlog

As root:
 /etc/init.d/postgresql-8.0 start

What did I do wrong, and even more important, what should I do?

TIA

--
Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld