Re: On-line docs for PG 8.1 need updating

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: On-line docs for PG 8.1 need updating
Список pgsql-www
On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 11:03 +0900, Michael Glaesemann wrote:
> I agree with your points. One reservation I have is that people might
> be more likely to run a beta in a production environment. Nowadays it
> seems increasingly common for projects to release betas for
> widespread circulation. I don't know if this is something that should
> be encouraged for PostgreSQL. I'd hate to see people get a bad
> impression of PostgreSQL because a beta screws up their data.

IMHO it is fairly clearly a good thing to get more publicity for
Postgres betas. That is the whole point of the beta program in the first
place: I don't see that putting more beta information on the main
website is fundamentally different from sending email announcing betas
to -announce, for example. Provided that the caveats are clear, I think
there's a lot to be gained by publicizing betas more effectively.

-Neil

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: On-line docs for PG 8.1 need updating
Сообщение: Re: On-line docs for PG 8.1 need updating