Re: Starten Server / SCO OpenServer6 / PostgreSQL 8.0.3

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: Starten Server / SCO OpenServer6 / PostgreSQL 8.0.3
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 02:59, MG wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I get the following messages when starting the PostgreSQL-Server.
> What does the LOG message mean?
>
> Regards
> Michaela
>
> $ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_ctl start -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
> postmaster starting
> $ LOG:  could not bind IPv6 socket: Network is unreachable
> HINT:  Is another postmaster already running on port 5432? If not, wait
> a few seconds and retry.

<snip>

It means that your db is configured to accept connections on IPv6
sockets but your OS is not set up to use them. Generally it's nothing to
be concerned about, but you can google the relevant keywords if you want
to learn more.

Robert Treat