Re: expanded \df+ display broken in beta4

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: expanded \df+ display broken in beta4
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 14:51, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Good point.  We modified 8.1 so backslash commands do not honor \x
> because things like \d look silly in \x, but \df+ looks better with \x,
> no question.
>
> Ideally I think \x should allow three modes, on, off, and auto, with
> auto doing \x if the row output is wider than the screen.  If we had
> this, backslash commands could be auto, or we can set all queries to
> auto by default.

ISTM even a GUC to enable/disable would have been better scheme than
what we have now; we are basically leaving no options for those who
found the old behavior useful, while what we had before would at least
let people switch back and forth.

Robert Treat